Is the Kolbrin a hoax?

You must also very well know that in the frustration of those Kolbrin researchers who always hit dead end roads when trying to find out the provenance of the texts, the thought that you the Culdians could have fabricated the Kolbrin itself is a frequent one. We live in convoluted times and people are very skeptical of everything after having been misled and lied to for so long. I myself distrust pretty much everyone and everything.

Life is a sort of catch 22 situation, to have certainty you must have spiritual experiences, but to have spiritual experiences you need to undertake certain austerities and disciplines, and as there’s no certainty in the first place that any of it is actually real, the downward spiral of life’s chaos drives people to slowly forfeit all spiritual undertakings.

Did you know that many of the ancient Gnostics fabricated texts, and supposed words of Jesus, Adam, Enoch, and other Jewish Patriarchs?

There is a very interesting documentary Orson Wells did called “F for Fake”. In it, he tells the story or real life plagiarizers and forgers whose work was so perfect, even the most renowned experts were fooled. Wells then goes on to question the nature of forgery and authenticity, basically smirking at the viewer towards the end that there is no difference but quality. This film might make you more confused, but it is certain to challenge you regardless.

So, what if we forged the Kolbrin? If so, and it changed your life with a power of metaphysical proportions, what does that tell you about the power and awareness of the present forgers? If we didn’t forge it, what does that tell you about us that it is us to whom it was passed down? And if we did forge something of that magnificence, do you think we were also so stupid as to not make any money off it, or would there be other reasons, similar to some of the old Gnostic forgeries? I don’t expect you to answer these questions right now, and it is perhaps better if you forget about them until you are better able to, as they will be maddeningly frustrating and growth hindering as they’re obsessed upon.

My advice would be to learn to experience the Mysteries yourself, which to be safe requires a long period of purification beforehand. Once you go far enough, you understand what the deal is…even to the point of assurance, but this is the domain of true Masters. Almost none get this far. When it gets too crazy, or there is too much pressure, back off, and enjoy some of the fruits of your accomplishments, and as long as you don’t get complacent, you will hear the inner call or be given a sign when it is time to move forward again.

Regarding the issue about the Culdians forging the Kolbrin or not, I don't know if you've read our text regarding the Kolbrin's authenticity but we ask the very same questions and arrive to similar conclusions in it. But again this ends up all being a "purposeless vexation" to quote Lewid, as without assurance it all only serves as a sort of beautiful fairytale. And the Kolbrin is indeed a book full of wonders, I've never read stories such as those contained therein and felt so transported to the scenarios themselves as if I were living in them. That's why I experience an acute case of cognitive dissonance by not being able to fully believe in things I can't corroborate yet not being able to stay away from the Kolbrin's words because still to me they possess a magical quality to them.

However even if the Kolbrin’s teachings were the truth, I have a sense that for me this lifetime won’t be the one I experience the mysteries firsthand. The Kolbrin itself says that for some the only way upwards is to diligently face the trials of life. Anyhow your last paragraph reminds me to the life of Hurmanetar when he spent some time caring for more earthly issues, yet at the end he got called again for his last task. I know, I am such a Kolbrin fanboy :stuck_out_tongue:

I like how some text in the nag hammadi library support the Kolbrin (and vice versa)... makes the claim of forgery weak.

By the way, the Culdian Trust as a whole makes no official claim that the Kolbrin is any more historically accurate than Harry Potter. Consider carefully the following statements (emphasis mine) taken from the Foreword and Introduction that lightly touch explicitly on provenance, among other important considerations:

“What is presented in this book is a reproduction of one of SEVERAL VERSIONS…

… it has lately been decided that it should be made available now, subject to EXPLICIT CONDITIONS…

…in TRANSMISSION some PERSONAL COLORATIONS may have crept in…

… The Kolbrin is tendered for acceptance at its FACE VALUE…

… One difficulty has been the fact that the guardians of the Kolbrin have NEVER BEEN LITERARY FOLK but simple craftsmen and people far removed from the scholastic and even commercial world. Although it formulates a distinctive spiritual philosophy, THIS BOOK IS NOT CLAIMED TO BE ANYTHING OTHER THAN A TRANSMITTER OF AGELESS WISDOM…

… No one can claim authorship and the present RECONSTRUCTORS who have compiled the book…

… There has, however, been a CONSIDERABLE AMOUNT OF RECONSTRUCTION, as the original writings survived only precariously…

…ADDITIONAL MATERIAL HAS BEEN INCORPORATED with good intent, to fill gaps and elaborate on the original. Something may have been lost in the MODERNIZATION of various parts…

… THIS IS NOT INTENDED to be a historical record, an intellectual work or literary effort…

… they were written out in book form in the seventeenth century…

… The whole was MODERNIZED in the latter part of the nineteenth or early part of the twentieth century…

… copies were written out in ‘BIBLICAL ENGLISH’ and TWO OF THE BOOKS were in existence just before the first world war…

… It has not been easy to RECONSTITUTE THEM… even with the assistance of a more knowledgeable co-worker who FILLED IN the few GAPS with COMPATIBLE REFERENCES TO MODERN WORKS…

…some of the proper names are SPELT WRONGLY and some of the original correct ones may have been REPLACED by others…

…NO CLAIM IS MADE REGARDING HISTORICAL ACCURACY… this is NOT A HISTORICAL WORK but the corpus of a doctrine and way of life…

… The importance of what is given here lies in what is projected out of the past into the present lamentable spiritual vacuum; in the help it can offer to the ordinary man and woman, not in what it offers to the literary world. On this basis alone these writings must stand to be judged…

… They (the Masters) found assurance but CANNOT CONVEY IT DIRECTLY TO OTHERS… If others want it they too must tread the path the Masters trod, a long weary road not for the faint-hearted. The first step along that road is the study of the moral code and standard of conduct required. The next step is to put these into practice, making them the rule of life. They are the disciplines which enabled the truly enlightened ones of the past to awaken inner perception and make direct contact with the Universal Source of Truth. Only by following in their steps can anyone be assured of a path certain of reaching the desired goal…"

And the above is only in the introduction…imagine what has been glossed over in the actual text!