Nabihaton / Akhnaten

Tonight a BBC TV programme presented a revolutionary new theory about Tutankhamun. The programme set out to discover how he died. A CT scan showed that he had a club foot and a necrosis disease attacking his bones. DNA tests on Tut, Akhnaten and Tut’s mother then showed that his mother and Akhnaten were brother and sister - so Tut was badly affected by inbreeding.

Putting together Tut’s medical conditions, Akhnaten’s bodily disfigurement (hormonal problems which gave him feminine characteristics) plus the fact that both Akhnaten and his father Amenhotep III were said to have seen ‘visions’, archaeological medics have concluded that there is only one genetic condition which explains all this - epilepsy.

Nabihaton/Akhnaten’s epilepsy is made clear in the Kolbrin story, and so this latest research makes me think that the Nabihaton story must be genuine.

So here are the excerpts that support this theory:

Manuscripts chapter 34, The Annexed Scroll 2
Nabihaton’s epilepsy
The Pharaoh, the Great One of Egypt, was ill-formed in body, he was subject to uncontrolled trances unproductive of any vision. This was because at such times his spirit
would withdraw, thus permitting a Dark One to enter its seat. He would fall down upon the ground and the demon spume would issue from his mouth.
Therefore, at such times he had to be kept
from the eyes of the people, lest they were
seized with the fear of demon devastating the land and sapping its fertility.
Yet not everything could be kept hidden from the people,
for the Pharaoh lived as the fish within the garden
pool… Therefore,
the people learned of his grievous wickedness and turned from him;
… Nabihaton rose to rule while still very young and though it is said that he died in the grip of a demon, with blood welling up from within his mouth, the other version,
that he died a tombless wanderer, seems more probable,
for it is so written on the Tablets of Amon…
Tutankamun born of an incestuous union

… The son of Nabihaton, one conceived
in wickedness, was slain in battle, therefore the younger son,
one also born
of the union of evil, became king in Egypt in his day. While yet young he
became a follower of the new
rites of mystery which his father had
set up in imitation of the Mysteries of the Hidden God.

I’m not so well versed with what ideas there used to exist regarding the death of Akhenaten, but if it’s true that they used to believe he had died and battle and now just recently it has been discovered that he died due to inbreeding related illness then this seems like a really strong case for the Kolbrin’s authenticity, in fact I’d say the strongest so far. We’ll be digging more about this for sure.

Oh wait I’m getting mixed up here, it was Tutankamun who was thought to have died in battle and now is thought to have died of illness, so the Kolbrin does say Tutankamun died in battle. Maybe this is not so conclusive after all considering the new information.

I really don’t want to descend into confirmation bias here :stuck_out_tongue:

Well anyhow the part regarding his death still is hypothetical, the part that has been proven by genetic tests is that his parents were siblings, which seems to be suggested in the Kolbrin.

First of all I was wrong in saying that the Kolbrin says Tutankamun was slain in battle, it was another child of Akhenaten that did previous to King Tut rising to the throne, so that part is clarified. Then here’s the proof of Akhenaten’s incest without a shadow of a doubt from the Kolbrin, which supports newly found genetic data:

“It was after the consecration of Meriten that the eyes of Nabihaton wandered towards her lustfully, but perhaps, to do him justice, he should not be judged by the same standards as other men. He was the Pharaoh of Egypt, who, according to ageless tradition, was above wrongdoing. There is not much doubt but that, at this time, he was under the control of either a demon or a Dark One, which had taken possession of his heart. Also, he had been brought up to a code, where inter-family love and marriage were accepted as the rule, where the sanctity of the royal blood and the need for its conservation in purity was believed in as a law. Then, too, despite his unnatural longings, which he lacked the strength to control and subdue, there is no doubt that he could and did experience extremely deep feelings of affection. He also had an unusually strong, perhaps overwhelming appreciation of beauty, as can be seen by any of his writings still in existence, though few remain of the great many there once were, and these ever in danger. Anyway, he did take his daughter in awful wickedness, his evil thoughts displaying themselves uncontrollably. Now he took no care to hide them. Throughout the new city he, caused the name of Nefare to be struck out, and the name of Meriten was put in its place.”

Although in this case it says the incest was done with his daughter?

Akhenaten’s mother Tiye married him to his half-sister, Neferneferuate, (Nefertiti), daughter of Amenhotep III and his sister, Sitamun. Akhenaten eventually married his own eldest daughter, Merytaten, and fathered a child by her: “On the death of Nefertiti”, her place was taken by Merytaten.
Did you get this from the Kolbrin Diane?
nope. "Moses & Akhenaten" by Ahmed Osman.
Interesting, that book was published 2002 I see. Anyway this is precisely what Yvonne and I have been researching and the information that the Kolbrin supports. Have you read the last chapter of Manuscripts in the Kolbrin?

The Kobrin also seems to hint that the Biblical Moses was Akhenaten’s son.

I've read every chapter in the Kolbrin many times. But I'll go over Manuscripts again anyway. Other writers/collections suggest that Akhenaten was Aaron, and his brother Tuthmoses was the biblical Moses. Both were committed to changing the theology of Egypt.

I haven’t reached where I would say one way or the other who was who. Some say Nefertiti left and didn’t die when Merytaken became queen. They say that the Jews were never slaves, but they were priests and followers of Akhenaten. They slaved away their days making bricks without straw out in Amarna only because no one would sell them the straw they needed. Think that’s how it went.

All so interesting. As far as demons and dark ones, and all the wickedy wickedy stuff goes…ah since we’ve gotten this far. Might as well…The following does not necessarily reflect my opinion. Just one of many out there on the subject.

“The post-war attempt to crucify Akhenaten and discredit his religion has been unanimous in the sense that any scholars who may hold less hostile views have maintained a suspicious silence. At the root of the campaign of vilification lies a desire to enhance Moses and his monotheism by discrediting Akhenaten, the Egyptian intruder, and the beliefs he attempted to introduce into his country. Ironically, those scholars who have led this ruthless campaign chose the wrong target. In attacking Akhenaten, they were, in fact, attacking their own hero – for, as Freud came so close to demonstrating, Akhenaten and Moses were one and the same person.”

Osman, Ahmed

The interesting thing is that the DNA test results showed that Tutankamun was the offspring of Akhenaten and one of his sisters. Wonder if maybe they got it wrong?
Ahmed Osman book-Tut was born from the marriage of Akhenaten and Nefertiti in the 7th year of Akhenaten's reign. Nefertiti was Akhenaten's 1/2 sister. So if you count 1/2 sisters, then the DNA results would be correct.
Oh well that's interesting. It's true that the kolbrin does not mention who was the offspring of Akhenaten and Meritaten, however it does mention that Nefertiti could only have daughters. I suggest you re read that chapter and share your perspective. Btw this guy Osman, where did he get his info?
I will just for you. ;)

ok let’s see from Ahmed Osmans Acknowledgements…
“Dr Eric Uphill, Honorary Research Fellow in Egyptology at University College, London, for reading the manuscript and for his valuable advice and suggestions; the French archaeologist Professor Jean Yoyotte for discussing the time of the Exodus and the location of Zarw; the French archaeologist Professor Alain-Pierre Zivie for giving details of his recent discoveries, as yet unpublished, in the tomb of Aper-El at Sakkara; Professor Younes A. Ekbatrik, the Egyptian Cultural Counsellor in London, for arranging a discussion about the fortified city recently found at Tell el-Heboua, East Kantarah, and its possible identification with Pi-Ramses; my friend Gerald O’Farrel for his support; Cairo Museum and its director, Mohammed Mohsen, for providing, and allowing the use of, many of the photographs to be found in this volume.”

The list of his references, (notes, bibliography), for the books he used for the info is 16 pages long. Can’t post it here.

found this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_Osman_(author)

Cool, so seems legit then. Well most of what you quoted seems to support the Kolbrin version. This little chapter was lost on me but now I see is one of the strongest leads for the kolbrin's authenticity so far.

Need to continue digging more about it…

"for, as Freud came so close to demonstrating, Akhenaten and Moses were one and the same person.” - Osman, Ahmed

This is a very misleading statement by Osman.

Freud DID NOT believe that Akhenaten and Moses were the same person, but that Moses followed a monotheistic tradition from the same lineage as Akhenaten.

This is a big difference, and should have one cast doubt on the integrity or thoroughness of Osman’s research.

The Kolbrin says Moses was a son of Akhenaten and one "Lady of the Songstresses" and he ended up living with Nefertiti after she left Amarna with her household.

I for one would love to think that Moses was the son of Akhnaten by the Lady of Songstresses, and the story in Manuscripts 34:51 does parallel the Biblical account, but alas, this is only circumstantial evidence. Moses is not mentioned by name and as far as I can see, all we know of his subsequent history from the Kolbrin is that he goes into exile.

Does anyone know of an ancient document or archaeological discovery that would substantiate the identification of The Master with Moses? By this I don’t mean speculation by modern writers; I mean real hard evidence.

Just after I put up this post about the DNA results vis a vis Nabihaton/Akhanaten, Len put up text from Manuscripts relating to Nabihaton’s epilepsy. However, there are even more pieces of text referring to epilepsy, so I’m setting them out below.

While he was still a child and yet at nurse, the young woman who tended him at night took a man in lust without attending to her purification. Therefore, when she came back nigh unto the sleeping prince she broke the protective wall about his sleeping place. Thus a Formless One came up from out of its lair beside the flaming lake and entered the bedchamber. Because the young woman was as she was, it could not be seen by her. It was a formless, flowing thing that spread itself out in the darkness, to slink across the floor. Its fluted snout was in the midst of a face twisted backwards, like all its kind. It raised an awful mouth up to kiss the sleeping child, and the child was stricken.

In the morning the child’s body was consumed with an inner fire lit the night before, and the breath of life struggled against the occupying demon to enter the body. In those days there lived a great physician named Mahu and he drew out the demon with things of power, and dowsed the fire with impregnated water. None but the greatest of physicians could have released a tongue from the grip of the demon. Yet this was done by Mahu.

……

Nabihaton rose to rule while still very young and though it is said that he died in the grip of a demon, with blood welling up from within his mouth, the other version, that he died a tombless wanderer, seems more probable, for it is so written on the Tablets of Amon.

……

The Pharaoh, the Great One of Egypt, was ill-formed in body, he was subject to uncontrolled trances unproductive of any vision. This was because at such times his spirit would withdraw, thus permitting a Dark One to enter its seat. He would fall down upon the ground and the demon spume would issue from his mouth. Therefore, at such times he had to be kept from the eyes of the people, lest they were seized with the fear of demon devastating the land and sapping its fertility. Yet not everything could be kept hidden from the people, for the Pharaoh lived as the fish within the garden pool.

……

[i]When Nefare left, wickedness consumed good in Nabihaton and the chambers of his heart lay open and unprotected. Then a Dark One entered into him and drove him out into the barren places of the wilderness. It is said, “And Pharaoh fled through the wilderness, uttering horrible cries and howling as dogs howl, so that all men departed from him in fear” Thus it came about that Nabihaton came upon Hepoa and The Master as they sat beneath the shade of a rock in the heat of the day, and the tongue of the king was blackened with the fire of the Dark One that held him.

Hepoa cooled the fire within the king and expelled the Dark One, so that the king was made whole again.[/i]

……

The events that followed remain within a shadow and none knows the truth, for it was a time of confusion. Meriten probably died of poison administered by her own hand, as was befitting. Her tomb is known, for she was not unhonoured. Some say the same potion slew the king, but others that he died of a Dark Demon within the heart. It seems that the poison was not a quick one and while Meriten died in her chamber, after pledging of the king was made he fell forward with an issue of blood from his mouth. His spirit was heard in his throat. Thus, it does not appear that they were slain with the one cup.

The reference to Nabihaton’s black tongue is important, because a blackened tongue is a classic sign of epilepsy.