Quotes on Wisdom

Wisdom The first step towards being wise is to acknowledge the extent of your ignorance. Concern yourself with the vast amount of knowledge that you lack and place no undue importance on that which you possess. As womanly loveliness is best displayed in a modest garment, so is quite behaviour and unpretentious bearing best becoming the wise.

Kolbrin - Chapter 20 The Book Of Morals And Precepts

From The Kolbrin

MAN:19:3 A wise man is one who bathes in the waters of wisdom, a fool is one who wallows in the filth of folly. The well of wisdom is not a public place, from which anyone may draw without discrimination. Its entrance is barred to he of the loud mouth, but opens to receive the calm and silent one. Where, today, are the men of quiet manner and calm bearing?

MPR:20:10 "If wisdom now be held in low esteem, it is not wisdom’s loss but the loss of man. Wisdom cries outside the palace and the hovel. She is heard in the streets and in the gathering places. Her voice says, “O fools and sons of fools, how long will you delight in your foolishness?” But the pleasure of fools is in their foolishness, and the pleasure of the weak is in their own weakness, and therefore, they scorn the voice of wisdom. "

From Wisdom of Solomon WISDOM
1st or 2nd century BC, is one of the deuterocanonical books of the Bible.

"14 For she is a treasure unto men that never faileth: which they that use become the friends of God, being commended for the gifts that come from learning.

22 As for wisdom, what she is, and how she came up, I will tell you, and will not hide mysteries from you: but will seek her out from the beginning of her nativity, and bring the knowledge of her into light, and will not pass over the truth.

25 For she is the breath of the power of God, and a pure influence flowing from the glory of the Almighty: therefore can no defiled thing fall into her.

26 For she is the brightness of the everlasting light, the unspotted mirror of the power of God, and the image of his goodness.

27 And being but one, she can do all things: and remaining in herself, she maketh all things new: and in all ages entering into holy souls, she maketh them friends of God, and prophets.

28 For God loveth none but him that dwelleth with wisdom.

29 For she is more beautiful than the sun, and above all the order of stars: being compared with the light, she is found before it.

30 For after this cometh night: but vice shall not prevail against wisdom. "

From The Kolbrin

MAN:17:3 All things on Earth are compounded of two flowing powers, the right hand power and the left hand power; the first predominates in men and the second in women. Where they fall nearly equal, the being is neither wholly man nor wholly woman.

As Heremaia Koopu so accurately quoted, wisdom is best described when compared to a woman’s loveliness. Not boastful, and those who have knowledge do not shout from the rooftops that they have it, and judge others like in MAN 19:3. Those that do are those lacking wisdom.

Wisdom has been compared to women for thousands of years, until it took a sudden turn with the Eve ate the apple and brought about the fall in Eden story, and even older stories, created by psychopaths who hate women and all they stand for: Wisdom, Creation, Nurturing and Service to all. Certain Wisdom was lost, some knowledge was lost. Communication with the higher densities via the “Maidens of the Wells” of ancient Celtic legend lost. Interesting story there too.

That's why it's good to keep quiet sometimes, even if it hurts one's pride.
nothing to do with pride, but I respect your wishes, and will return to my corner. ;)
Diane I wasn't referring to you at all ifthat's what you thought, i was referring to the first post ;)
thanks, it's all good. yep that's what I thought. Thought you wanted me to shush. I will anyway. time to observe. ;)
Not at all Diane, I hope you continue coming and sharing your views for a long time.
Interesting to note, that wisdom is symbolized by a serpent, and we are currently in the year of the serpent.

Wisdom being referred to as she indicates to me that it is yin in nature, not exclusively to women, but to the spiritual side of man kind in general, a part of man’s nature in which we can access and nurture, with the association to the serpent, i see it relates to the accumulation of Kundalini energy rising to the crown chakra, represented by the eagle(insight). There is mention in the kolbrin of the serpent and eagle standard, a representation of an ancient religion?

Among the dark strangers who came to these hospitable shores were men from Greece, who, because they were exiled by their king, through for what we do not know, sought refuge in this bountiful land. They came in high-prowed craft, long-boarded, roofed over the centre, with many long-bladed oars thrust out through hide-bound rowing outlets. The emblems they bore were the Red Eagle and Snake, and they called the far away place from whence they came Filistis, which means Ruddily - Hued Land, so called from the colour cast by a huge cloud through which their sun always shone. They spoke a wildish babbling tongue, so difficult that unless spoken slowly could not be understood even among themselves. From chapter eight - The Firstfaith Bringers - The Book Of Origins Or Ferilbook Ive did some research on some aspects of the above, Filistis is an older name for Philistine, with the mention of the huge cloud through which their sun always shone, could indicate that the time period was after a major volcanic eruption. Eagle and Serpent also relates to Sun and Moon. And seems to be wide spread in the past. The feathered serpent also comes to mind, and its return…could it be related to the good religion that the kolbrin talks about?. IF so its dawning is associated with the morning star, Venus, as i understand it, the last transit of venus is this year?.

Sophia (Σοφíα, Greek for "wisdom") is a central idea in Hellenistic philosophy and religion, Platonism, Gnosticism, Orthodox Christianity, Esoteric Christianity, as well as Christian mysticism. Sophiology is a philosophical concept regarding wisdom, as well as a theological concept regarding the wisdom of the biblical God.
Remember that all men are born equally into ignorance , and no man, whatever his estate. lacks the means to knowledge. True wisdom comes not from books and instruction but from observation and enquiry.

The Kolbrin - The book of morals and precepts

I would add, that it depends on the knowledge level of the culture one finds him/herself borne into. There s always knowledge of one type or another, in all cultures. Certainly though, one born into say, the Sumerian culture, or the Egytpian or Greek, in ancient times, would be raised, depending on one's status, in a world with much deeper knowledge of the three R's, amongst other things, than one born in a stone age culture of the same period. However, the stone age person, might well survive better, in the wild, where one's knowledge tends to be more instinctual.

I’ve met geniuses and fools, heroes and villains in every culture I’ve come across all around the world. A culture can promote certain virtues and vices, and instill useful information onto its young, yet it always remains the individual within whatever culture who ends up making himself or being made.

In terms of brilliance and inventive spirit, the man who first invents a spear thrower in stone age culture is one thousand times the jet aircraft assembly worker.

The information a culture accumulates is useless if the men within said culture are prevented from moving beyond it, for these are the creators, the fathers and mothers of culture. And without these giants of Spirit promoted and moving among us, in any culture, you have nothing but the living dead, an animated corpse for a culture, however “advanced”.

That's very Randian of you Len he he

I guess it is partially, although Rand would call me a muddleheaded mystic, because she had no other way to comprehend the source of power and spirit. Instead, she denied and insulted those who did know due to the shame and fear of her own ignorance.

Yeah she had some pearls hidden within a ton of thick mud.
and then, in the end, she went against her own beliefs to keep herself alive. In 1976 she applied for Social Security and Medicare.
Well let's agree that if they had taken her money for those programs she wasn't going against her beliefs she was merely taking what was hers. Going against her beliefs would have been applying for those programs if no one had forced her to pay anything , i.e, leeching

B’roshiit bera, Elohim ha shamyim v ha eretz., With Wisdom, the mighty ones created the heavens, and the earth.

Does this imply a pantheon?

It could, I suppose. If you read the book of Enki, the beginning chapter about the first missions arrival does somewhat resemble what is paraphrased in Genesis 1 .
This was part of the Sumerian Creation Epic, the Enuma Elish, and was part of the Enki tablets that were found in Iraq.
Its pretty controversial, to question the identity of the G-d of Genesis, but it is about truth, isn’t it, the reason we all seek ?
It does say Elohim, and Elohim is plural. I have read many, really, lame, arguments about why the One G-d, is called by a plural . really, the answer might be, that it never was intended that the reader was to understand the text as meaning the One G-d of the Monotheistic religions.
Maybe, it says exactly what it means.
I used to say" it is not for man to interpret the Bible, but for the Bible to interpret man", now I am beginning to see, maybe, just how right I was…