Submission in opposition to the use of Glyphosate in New Zealand

Hi everyone just want to share this which i received today from a friend, support much appreciated, thought this would be appropriate here as it is to do with health.

Cheers Heremaia

Hi list I’m wanting some support here, please forward this on as far and wide as you can and select from the lists below people you think need a second or third email to enforce this submission.

Thanks
Me

Submitted by

Neal King

778 Opouteke Rd

contact email: iron_clay@xtra.co.nz

11/05/2015

To whom it may concern

Subject: Submission in opposition to the use of Glyphosate in New Zealand.

In 2010 I was advised that: Aerial spraying is carried out for various weeds in Opouteke Forest. The predominant chemical used was the Glyphosate Green 360 and Meturon.

Today 11/05/2015 with new evidence of health dangers coming out world wide I submit that the largely indiscriminate aerial application of Glyphosate in the Opouteke Forest area is unnecessarily offensive and most certainly likely to be injurious to health, therefore constitutes a Public / Private Nuisance.

I’m saying unnecessarily offensive because there is a viable alternative (below).
Health Act Section 29 Nuisances defined for purposes of this Act

Without limiting the meaning of the term nuisance, a nuisance shall be deemed to be created in any of the following cases, that is to say:

(b) where any accumulation or deposit is in such a state or is so situated as to be offensive or likely to be injurious to health:

(l) where any trade, business, manufacture, or other undertaking is so carried on as to be unnecessarily offensive or likely to be injurious to health:

My primary goal is to have the application of this cancer causing chemical be stopped forthwith in the Opouteke Forest area until Northland Regional Council (Northland’s primary environmental guardians) can re-evaluate the over all use of Glyphosate for the health/safety of both animal and human life plus the effects on land and water.

With the information provided in this submission my long term hope is to see Central Government and Regional Councils ban the use of Glyphosate in New Zealand completely as Health and Environment Ministers and the Farming sector alike come to understand it’s Insidious long term Effects.

Glyphosate is truly a Time Bomb

For Your Imformation 23 pages research:

www.iron-clay.com/glyphosate-the-time-bomb.html

The typical half life of glyphosate is 92 days in water, in soil from 47 days to 22 years.

The absorption of chelating agents or metals has been shown to decrease the biodegradability of glyphosate. http://www.mdpi.com/1660-4601/11/2/2125/htm

Glyphosate: Related Diseases: Breast Cancer, Cardiovascular / heart disease, Renal and Liver diseases, Obesity, Diabetes, Inflammatory bowel disease, Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, miscarriage and pre-term births, Developmental malformations, infertility and Permanent Human DNA damage causing further hereditary diseases and also triggers over 40 Plant diseases.

News Headlines

W.H.O. Report Links Ingredient in Roundup to Cancer

Glyphosate Feeds Breast Cancer Cell Growth In the PARTS PER TRILLION Range

Research - Roundup toxicity much worse than Monsanto / governments claims

Veterinarian concerned about impact of glyphosate on animal health

Toxic glyphosate found to be harming dairy cows

Glyphosate Found in Groundwater Samples

Mutation and Immune Disruption in fish, insects and Amphibians

Glyphosate’s Suppression of Cytochrome P450 Enzymes and Amino Acid Biosynthesis by the Gut Microbiome: Pathways to Modern Diseases

Glyphosate Triggers Over 40 Plant Diseases and Endangers Human and Animal Health

Section 191 of the Local Government Act states:

“Nuisance”

191 Local authority not authorised to create nuisance

This subpart does not entitle a local authority—

(a) to create a nuisance; or

(b) to deprive the Crown or any person of any right or remedy the Crown or the person would otherwise have against the local authority or any other person in respect of any nuisance.

Under the Health Act I submit that:

Section 30 of the Health Act states:
30 Penalties for permitting or causing nuisances

(1) Every person by whose act, default, or sufferance a nuisance arises or continues, whether that person is or is not the owner or occupier of the premises in respect of which the nuisance exists, commits an offence against this Act.

(2) Whenever, after any conviction of any offence under this section, the person convicted can lawfully abate the nuisance and fails or neglects, or continues to fail or neglect, to do so, he shall be deemed to have committed a further offence and shall be liable therefor under subsection.

Contamination of water supplies and sources

69ZZO Contamination of raw water or pollution of water supply

(1) Every person commits an offence who does any act likely to contaminate any raw water or pollute any drinking water, knowing that the act is likely to contaminate or pollute that water, or being reckless as to the consequences of that act.

This of course must be followed up by the Crimes Act section 107.
107 Contravention of statute

Every one is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 1 year who, without lawful excuse, contravenes any enactment by wilfully doing any act which it forbids, or by wilfully omitting to do any act which it requires to be done

I believe it’s timely for Government to act on a Health and Safety platform.

Message to Forestry.

I’m painfully aware of the problems we suffer in weeds in all crops and that companies like Monsanto make it easy and cheap but I have spelt out the costs to the land and the health of our population.

There are far better organic remedies available for example ‘Pine essential oil’ is growing at your tree tips.

You cut it down and have the problem as to what to do with all that slash …. have you considered the golden opportunity you are wasting?

Extracting Pine essential oil, a biproduct of your own crop … could not only remedy your weed problem but set your company to provide New Zealand farmers with an effective organic alternative.

About Pine essential oil

Pine oil mode of action is through dehydration
Used to control over 300 weed species.
Is not a systemic poison and leaves no harmful residues and breaks down within 72 Hours of application.
Has no withholding period for crops.
Has no detrimental effects on earthworm activity or soil microbial life.
Will stop the germination of weed seeds on the surface of the soil.
No problems with run off or accumulating chemicals in soils, due to Interceptor’s rapid breakdown.
Is non-toxic, and safe to use around livestock, staff, chemically sensitive people and areas.
Can be used for weed control in a variety of growing and production situations such as Kiwi fruit, avocados, grapes, apples, olives, potatoes, kumara, onions, herbs, flowers and citrus fruit.

Who is going to be the first forward thinking CEO who makes his first billion displacing Glyphosate with Pine essential oil?

Will that CEO be you?
I hope it’s you Nick

Neal King

This message has been transmitted to the following people/addresses.

Hancock Forest Management (NZ) Ltd

Andrew Widdowson

awiddowson@hnrg.com

phouston@hnrg.com

NFML

nick.kingsford@nfml.co.nz

alan.panckhurst@nfml.co.nz

Farm Forestry Association

Peter Davies-Colley
treepepl@xtra.co.nz

NRC

bills@nrc.govt.nz