The Crystal City

In 1975, during a thunderstorm, Dannion Brinkley was talking on the telephone when a bolt of lightning hit the phone line, sending thousands of volts into his head and down through his body. Brinkley was thrown across the room, and later reported seeing his lifeless body spread prone, as his then-girlfriend found him and paramedics arrived. Obviously disoriented, in his spirit-form above the scene, he wondered what the excitement was about, since (as he put it) "Everybody was okay...." He saw auras around everybody in the room except his own body below -- a pretty big hint that he was, in fact, dead.

As doctors pronounced Brinkley dead at the local hospital, he reportedly found himself – or, more specifically, his spirit-self – traveling through a dark tunnel toward an angelic being who led him into a “CRYSTAL CITY.” There, he entered a “cathedral of knowledge” where he was shown 13 visions, contained in what he termed “boxes.” So-called “beings of light” also showed him 117 glimpses of possible future events, of which 95 have come to pass (by his count) in early 1998.

Book of Enoch. Ch XIV.

1. And the vision was shown to me thus: Behold, in the vision clouds invited me and a mist summoned me, and the course of the stars and the lightnings sped and hastened me, and the winds in the vision caused me to fly and lifted me upward, and bore me into heaven. 9. And I went in till I drew nigh to a wall which is built of crystals and surrounded by tongues of fire: and it began to affright me. And I went into the tongues of fire and drew nigh to a large house which was built of crystals: and the walls of the house were like a tesselated floor (made) of crystals, and its groundwork was of crystal.

2. And I looked and saw ⌈⌈therein⌉⌉ a lofty throne: its appearance was as crystal, and the wheels thereof as the shining sun, and there was the vision of cherubim. 19. And from underneath the throne came streams of flaming fire so that I could not look thereon. 20. And the Great Glory sat thereon, and His raiment shone more brightly than the sun and was whiter than any snow. 21. None of the angels could enter and could behold His face by reason of the magnificence and glory and no flesh could behold Him.

i've heard similar stories about this 'crystal city' from those who are adepts in OBE in my country! i wonder if this is the 'land of adamantine' that Jesus spoke of in His persecuted gospels (again, cf. "the vajra (i.e. adamantine) pure lands".