Three Nations' Failure in Preserving the Light of Truth

"A nation was once made from the blood of kings and it became great and good. The light of Truth was revealed to this nation and it rejoiced in the light, but in a few generations it accepted the light as being something to which it was entitled by heritage. So the nation became careless in the preservation of the light, it was kept in a poorly built and neglected shrine. The winds of adversity came and the light was blown out.

Another nation was made from the blood of sturdy herdsmen and the lamp of Truth was lit among them. They, too, rejoiced in the light for a few generations and cherished it in a house of gold. Then a powerful king coveted the house of gold and came with many armed men and drove out the guardians, together with their light. The guardians built a house of reeds for the light, but because the house was so humble they no longer bothered to guard it closely. Then some drunken men came by, staggering like ships with broken steering oars, and the house of reeds was knocked over. The light within burst into an all consuming flame, and not only the house of reeds but the house of gold was destroyed.

Still another nation was made out of slaves and they lit a lamp from the Eternal Flame which belongs to all men. Because they had no veil over their light they were blinded and thought it the only light. They became arrogant and called themselves ‘The Chosen of God’. But it was they who made the choice not He. Though their god was a god above Earth and their god, he was not the God of Mankind, and though he serves The Supreme Spirit he is not The Supreme Spirit.

So it is that the Children of Light understand that the majority of men who seek the light are like children playing about a brazier. As a man long-confined in darkness is blinded by the sunlight, so are most men blinded when brought into the presence of the Light of Truth, even though it be heavily veiled. Only gradually can men be brought out of darkness into light."

To Which Ra Replied:

"The light of Truth was revealed to this nation and it rejoiced in the light, but in a few generations it accepted the light as being something to which it was entitled by heritage"

Reminds me of modern day Israel, Could not the light of truth be lit by any man from any nation, no one has copy right to the supreme spirit?

Not only modern day Israel but the ancient one as well
"The light of Truth was revealed to this nation and it rejoiced in the light, but in a few generations it accepted the light as being something to which it was entitled by heritage"

Reminds me of modern day Israel, Could not the light of truth be lit by any man from any nation, no one has copy right to the supreme spirit?

The full quote that Manuel shared here lists three nations, but does not name them. You quote from the first example, Heremaia, and I do not think that first example is referring to either modern day or ancient Israel. For, you skipped the first line, which reads, “A nation was once made from the blood of kings and it became great and good.”

Israel’s history does not mark its people as being of the blood of kings. Quite the opposite, in fact, as it was originally, and was later one of the only kingless nations. From ancient Israel to today, kingship among these people only held for a brief period, and even then, the king’s line was from the blood of a shepherd.

“Could not the light of truth be lit by any man from any nation, no one has copy right to the supreme spirit?”

No one can copyright the Supreme Spirit, because the essence of the Father of All cannot be represented except imperfectly through a veil. Any nation may be seeded with His Light, but the ‘manner and style’ by which he is represented IS copyrighted by the specific culture, peoples, or prophet His likeness is filtered through… The “Veil” can be owned, the “Spirit” cannot be…

However, when the ‘manner and style’ of the thing is placed before the substance, this is when the Light and Life of the spiritual seeding substance is lost… and the nation or people become once more barren and hollow…

The blood of kings reference is not related to the quote Heremaia was talking about. In that one it refers to a people who descend from slaves (i.e, the Hebrew slaves from Egypt).

You are mistaken, Manuel. Heremaia’s quote is from the first paragraph of your post, which describes the nation made from the “blood of kings”. Please read over your original post (first paragraph), and then Heremaia’s quote.

The ‘nation of slaves’ is the third nation mentioned in your third paragraph, and Heremaia’s quote is not taken from here.

Oh you're right. Well the one I meant that sounded a bit like Israel is the third one. I mean it's quite obvious, seems that the author was clearly referring to it purposely

I think the author was quite purposefully attempting to relay mistakes of the Spirit with three nations, and by (wisely) not naming them, the author is saying that most or all nations with different qualities and backgrounds have failed in preserving the Light of the Supreme Spirit for different reasons.

Israel is too easy a scapegoat (even though she may be one of the three nations described :wink: ), so much so that even here we assign faults of hers in actuality related to others.

Best to look to our own personal faults and our own cultures’ faults first in this regard…

Wonder which are the other nations though.

:-X :wink:

I think your right Leonard, there are lessons to be learned in this, for any future torch bearers, be it individuals or nations.

Just look at king Solomon apparently the wisest man that ever lived, yet he still fell…

all the lessons of the past, can be used to guide towards the future.

“Best to look to our own personal faults and our own cultures’ faults first in this regard…”

so true :slight_smile:

Well sure there are lessons to be learned, but will they be learned? Most likely not. These mistakes just keep on repeating cyclically.
It depends in my opinion on whether people choose to remain ignorant or not, the lessons are there, it is up to man, to choose to learn from it, so i guess that is a individual choice for each person, nation or culture collectively.

Everything serves a purpose, Edison failed thousands of times before he invented the light bulb.

http://www.uky.edu/~eushe2/Pajares/OnFailingG.html

It is through regression, progression, variation, etc. that lessons are learned. We learn as much or more in retrograde eras as we do in exalted ones.

Cyclical returns are never exactly the same, but variations on a theme. This is necessary in order to remind those who have cast-off lessons once learned, but in a different way. The recurrence is also necessary for new cultures and new souls.

The bigger picture should also be kept in mind, that Earth is but one grade, nay, only one class, in the Cosmic School.

A class in a grade in a school after a school year repeats itself for the benefit of new students and those who must repeat, having not passed the class the first time around. The curriculum is the same, yet there are different students in different variations to the way the class is taught.

Tired of the current class? Advance then, and move onto the next level with more advanced students.

that sounds like it my friend, spot on
the roughest spot for me was the "drunken men". But then I found where the Minoans had a little Dionysus worship going on. So maybe 2 meanings there. Thera blew, Minoans came, (but probably not the real cause of the fall of both the house of gold and the house of reeds), and the earth shook so everyone coming in may have appeared drunken, really disoriented, and arriving in ships. I could be way off as usual. just sharing thoughts. Like a volcano, I have to erupt a little once in a while or I might just collapse upon myself.