String Theory and the Holographic Universe

Can Love, Truth, Thought, consciousness be measured by the physical sciences? They are real, because if not, you cannot even justify your own thought or argument.

This is the hole in your understanding of Reality, and is the subject of a Higher Science than Physics.

Consciousness is real yet it is also 'unreal' in terms that it can not truly be measured / quantized in definite terms.
Well at least YET. There were many things we couldn't measure 100 years ago that we can measure now ;)
It is also everchanging so it has no such a thing as an identity / permanent characteristics except for change itself. it is even beyond time & space. so how can you say that it truly 'exists'? ;)

we think we can actually… you’ve read about Quantum Physics haven’t you? at first they thought that energy can be quantized into quantas yet each quantum itself turns out to be divisible just like particles

Len had a point just now, which is that if these intangible things are not real but illusory then even our own thoughts are not real, and if they are unreal then what kind of actual weight do they have? Maybe if your presuppositions are correct, we're taking ourselves too seriously ;)

So something that cannot be ‘measured’ by your tools is an “illusion”? Yet it is demonstratable…

Perhaps you need better tools.

The fault lies in your understanding, not in Reality.

And again, change does not equal illusion.

yes, you just said it yourself consciousness can not be weighed... it can not even be defined by any means...
In fact the Kolbrin makes the opposite statement, that the things made out of matter held by space and subject to time/change are unreal, and that consciousness is the only thing that is actually real because it is not subject to the agents of space/time. That's another interesting viewpoint.
in fact in buddhism, concsiousness is stated as one of the ultimate phenomenas... yet it is not real ('exists') neither unreal (non-existent)...
Interesting, so what do you call that which is not real but neither unreal. Seems like a mind bending concept :P
it is the monadic Mind (the gnostic "Father") / Alaya-vijnana in buddhism. Everything exists in it in terms of an illusion.

It is the All.

It is both existence & non-existence as such it is also neither existence & non-existence. It is empty yet it exists as an empty dream.

So I guess that'd be analogue to what some teachings call the astral dimensions or what the Kolbrin calls the sphere of the Spirit. Worlds which are intangible. Beyond those realms even it's supposed to exist the abode of the ultimate consciousness which is supposed to be impossible to understand for mortals. The disagreement here is that while you consider these realms illusory and unreal, Len tends to think they are very much real. It's a conceptual discrepancy.

“The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.” John 3:8

“Everything exists in it in terms of an illusion.”

So the ONLY ultimate reality is Mind, the gnostic “Father”, Alaya-vijnana, or simply God…

How very ‘theistic’ of you… :wink:

It's empty of measurable matter, but does that make it unreal? I think that again is a matter of conceptualization. IF you only believe that measurable material stuff is real then yes, if you believe the intangible is real as well then no.

You can call these dimensions unreal in the sense that they change or end, but their purpose or existence in function is very much real while they are experienced and utilized.

'Sphere of the Spirit'? Intangible worlds. Have you heard about the 3-tiered layers of Realms in Gnosticism & Buddhism? In Buddhism the second & first layers are known as the Rupaloka & Arupaloka which fits your description above. But the All encompasses everything.
The All is the name that the Kybalion gives to the supreme consciousness. I can understand how one living in matter would contrast the intangible realms with his own realm and conclude the other ones are illusory, but isn't that just a matter of perspective really?

The problem lies in the perspective/perception…

Luckily, experience widens these should we choose.

In fact another interesting thing to ponder is what came first, if mind or matter. If mind actually designed matter in the first place then it would be strange to think that the unreal created the real. It would be like when Jesus says in the Gnostic gospels that it would be a marvel if the spirit came from something inferior as matter.
i think you missed me. i didn't say the other ones are illusory, rather i said that everything is illusory since time & space itself is just an illusion. the deluded Chief Archon / Brahma is just a mortal lesser deity in the 2nd layer of Rupaloka who mistakenly thought as if he was the First One, Eternal and Most High according to the gnostic & buddhist texts.

i’m sorry i gotta go now… catch you later, manuel…